A Quarter Century Milestone
ASICS celebrates 25 years of their Kayano line with the release of the new GEL-Kayano 25. For decades, ASICS has produced some of the most well-rounded and most-appreciated running shoes on the market. The ASICS brand began in 1977 after the merger of Onitsuka Tiger, GTO, and JELENK. Since then, ASICS has built a reputation as “the runner’s running shoe” through their wide range of models and trusted reliability. Cool fact alert! ASICS is an acronym for the Latin phrase, anima sana in corpore sano, which translates to "healthy soul in a healthy body." That’s an approach that everyone can get behind.
Women’s Specific Design
The Women’s ASICS GEL-Kayano 25 is packed with technologies that make it one of the best running shoes on the market. Unlike many running shoes where the women’s version is a simple copy of the men’s, the Kayano 25 Women’s model features a lower-density top layer in the midsole, allowing female athletes to better enjoy the benefits of midsole compression. The women’s version of the Kayano 25 also features an additional 3 mm of height to relieve Achilles tension. Of course, this neutral-to-overpronation running shoe features ASICS’ trusted technologies like FlyteFoam Propel, FlyteFoam Lyte, Internal Fit System, and GEL cushioning. It’s the combination of these footwear technologies that make the ASICS GEL-Kayano 25, what some would call, the perfect combination of cushioning and support.
• Jacquard mesh upper combines multi-directional stretch and lightweight reinforcement for a snug fit that moves with you as you run.
• Internal Fit System delivers supportive lockdown over the footbed for a secure fit that never limits your range of motion.
• Meta Clutch exoskeletal heel counter holds your foot firmly in place, eliminating wiggle room for injury.
• FlyteFoam Lyte midsole for lightweight, responsive cushioning that returns energy with every step.
• Rear and forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems cushion and absorb shock, encouraging a smoother stride.
•Guidance Trusstic System works together with Guidance Line’s deep vertical flex groove to stabilize your stride and allow a more natural transition from heel strike to toe-off.
• ASICS High Abrasion Rubber in high-wear areas of the outsole for dependable traction without extra weight.
• 3mm of additional height on women’s model to relieve achilles tension.
• Weight 9.81 oz.